Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Testing...1...2..

Is this thing on? Ok, that was a rhetorical question. I feel like I should spend a little bit of time introducing myself as this is my first foray into blogging but then again I would imagine the chances of anyone reading this who doesn't already know me are slim to none. So I'll skip all that besides I think anyone of sound mind has to be at least a little bit skeptical of talking about their personal life on the internets, that or you are a narcisist and you just like hearing yourself talk err type.

I'll do my best to keep the personal details to a minimum and use this small corner of the virtual world to talk about important subjects like the impending robot takeover, zombies, aliens, child racism(more on that later), iphones, airports, scientology, why that movie sucked, my paralyzing fear of spiders, things that are white trash, etc. I may occasionally throw my hat in the political ring as well. (oh and I will try an reference modest mouse as much as possible)

I'll do my best to keep this updated on a regular basis but to be honest I get bored quickly, and the only reason I started it was because a co-worker does it and he bet that i wouldn't keep up with it.(more on him later)

Rant of the day:

This is a repost from my myspace blog but I read an article on CNN(liberal media) about the possibility of using "robots" as substitute for humans as teachers. I am not going to begin to try an comprehend how an idea such as this takes hold in the first place. An Excerpt from the article:

"Although robot teachers of varying abilities have existed for more than 30 years, ITS developments such as Whitehill's and Olney's are pushing beliefs that robots could soon be as effective -- if not more effective -- than human teachers."

More effective than human teachers.... seriously WTF.

This is the worst idea in the history of worst ideas's. Letting robots teach our children? Are you fucking nuts? What will you do when your children come home from school wielding a knife chanting "kill, kill, kill". Then what? Are you ready to be faced with the idea of having to fend for your life from your own children who were brain washed by evil robots when they realize they no longer need humans? Well don't come running to me for help, yes I will be there to tell you I told you so. Scientists need to be focusing their energies on how to defend against the upcoming technological singularity(google it) instead of trying to fan the flames.

Now that I think of it, this blog will make a good punchlist of things that will be "fixed" when I take over the world(its in the works more on that later)

Hopefully the quality of these "blogs" improve over time as well....

No comments:

 

web stats software